Thinking of joining us?
We have a ‘Yes we can’ attitude which comes into play in our sense of purpose in solving our customers’ difficult problems. Our team approach and wearing the (metaphorical) shirt has an enormous part to play to achieve this, and helps to successfully build great relationships with customers.
The health and wellbeing of our people and planet is very important to us. We support a healthy lifestyle, breaks and interpersonal interactions during the working day and not working during weekends and holidays.
We aim to create a great place to work which includes our offices, factories or on customer sites. Most of us have a need to be flexible at times and if the role allows your great place to work could be at home for some of the time.
We believe that we’re better together and encourage teams to regularly spend whole days working in the same location. This supports our mental wellbeing, creates stronger teams and helps us to share knowledge and experience and have fun and be happy.
Essentially, I’m putting myself in customers’ shoes to interpret what they want and need from Fundamentals to specify a solution.Elizabeth Macharia, Product Manager, Fundamentals Ltd
Helping people is important to me. We face a number of challenges globally and engineering will be key in addressing them.Rob Jay, Apprentice Engineer, Fundamentals Ltd.
The thing I like most about Fundamentals is numerous career opportunities the company provides.Joe Jackson, Lead Panel Wireman, Fundamentals Ltd
We are excited by the prospect of solving the most difficult problems for our customers.
We're not afraid of a challenge as we see it as an opportunity to develop our expertise.
We thrive in a dynamic environment where change is ever present.
We have fun at work, we enjoy what we do and we want others to share in our enthusiasm.
25 days annual leave (+ bank holidays)
Can buy up to 5 days holiday per year
Employee assistance programme
Professional membership support
Flu jab & eye care
Refer a friend scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Areas of work
- Analogue and digital electronic circuit and PCB design, manufacture, test and integration, including microcontrollers, DSPs, FPGAs and, increasingly, power electronics
- Software for embedded microprocessors (both with and without operating systems), PCs and web, with a variety of tools, frameworks and support infrastructures, including virtualisation and containers
- Overall system architecture and design, with automated build, integration and test
- A variety of team and stream management practices including an agile philosophy
- Understanding of power systems, their control, interfacing measurements and actuation including transformers and electromagnetics (VTs and CTs), and design of control algorithms
- Mathematical methods and statistical approaches to large data sets
- Specification, implementation and verification of advanced multi-layer communication protocols
- Product and mechanical design for user experience and manufacturing, including prototyping and mid-volume processes
- Verification and type testing to international standards, with external laboratories.
Want to work with us? You’ll have some specialisms within these engineering disciplines which we would find extremely useful, but you are equally comfortable working in the broader area of your discipline. We are still growing so teams are small and flexibility is important.
- Specifying and designing electrical schematics
- Building to technical design drawings
- Testing and inspection
- Fitting of trunking and din rail, components, wiring, cable crimping and cable terminating work
- Mechanical, electrical and process knowledge
Want to work with us? If you have any of the skills above and want to develop your expertise in a company where opportunity and flexibility are key please get in touch.
- Working with TSOs, DNOs, Power Generators and Industrial customers
- Electromechanical engineering and application
- Installation and commissioning
- CDM regulations
Our field services team work across the country and do require spending most of the week away from home.
Our business functions support across the business with skills in:
- Sales & Marketing
- Christmas and Summer Parties
- Better@Fundamentals 'Employee Forum'
- Fruit in the office
- Deliveroo Thursday
If what you’re looking for isn’t available, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or get in touch with us via our contact page and we will get back to you.
No vacancies at this time.